When you need to keep your home free from dust, a vacuum cleaner will help you get the job done. Vacuums are designed to make cleaning a breeze so that you have more time for other household tasks. Vacuums come in a variety of styles and options for every household's needs.What types of vacuum cleaners are there?
There are 5 main types of vacuum cleaners:
- Upright vacuums: Upright vacuum cleaners stand upright and are pushed on wheels. They have brush rollers to deep-clean carpets.
- Canister vacuums: These machines have a canister and a vacuum head, which can often be changed with a variety of different attachments and accessories depending on your needs. They can be used to clean walls, curtains, and furniture.
- Stick vacuums: These models are slim and lightweight. They have small heads that are easy to maneuver around furniture. They are designed to deal with minor messes.
- Handheld vacuums: These grab-and-go hand vacs are portable, battery-powered machines that are designed to deal with messes in small areas.
- Robotic vacuums: These machines are able to zip around different rooms and clean while you are busy with other household tasks. Some robotic vacuums can even be turned on remotely by a smartphone so that they can remove dirt and dust while you are not home.
Bagged vacuums have a bag that must be taken out and disposed of when it is full. For bagless machines, the canister can be removed and the contents dumped. Both types have different advantages:
- Bagged vacuums: These vacuums are hygienic as the closed bags contain the dirt and debris.
- Bagless vacuums: These vacuums are eco-friendly as they do not make additional waste with the bags. It is easy to know when these vacuums are empty.
Choosing a cleaning machine that works for your needs is crucial to saving time and energy. You should consider:
- Cordless or corded: Cordless vacuums can be taken anywhere without having to worry if there is a plug nearby.
- Bagged or bagless: Vacuums cleaners with bags can further reduce allergens in the air.
- Type: Depending on the size of your home and the type of floors you have, some types of vacuum cleaners may work better than others.
- Weight: Lighter machines are easier to use while heavier machines can pack more power to deep-clean your floors.
- Accessories: Some vacuums come with accessories that are equipped to deal with pet hair, corners, and bare floors.