Women’s Coats and Jackets
When it's chilly, you need appropriate outerwear. Unless you live somewhere that is warm year-round, you probably have one or more hooded coats, jackets, or parkas of various sizes and styles in your closet. Women’s coats are especially varied as fashion may dictate a different jacket for each occasion.What styles of women’s coats are there?
These are a few different types:
- The Trench Coat: A trench coat is a good jacket for when you don’t know what the weather is going to be like. They come in many colours and are generally made from a waterproof cotton or leather. They can be as long as ankle-length and as short as just above the knee.
- The Leather Jacket: This jacket is very versatile. It can be worn to dress up jeans, over a dress, or even to a business meeting. Leather comes in a wide array of colours and can be made into a variety of styles, both long and short.
- The Puffer Coat: This coat is similar to a parka, but it has the advantage of being very lightweight while also keeping the wearer warm due to its quilted construction. It consists of an outer shell that's usually made from a waterproof or windproof material and a natural down or synthetic insulation. It comes in several colours, including subdued tones and eye-catching metallic colours.
- The Raincoat: While a trench coat is usually sufficient for small showers or light mist, a hooded raincoat may be necessary for heavier storms. Raincoats are made from either vinyl or specially treated fabrics. They come in a variety of colours though yellow is the classic shade.
- Parkas: These are heavy-hooded coats worn during the coldest winter months or in cold climates. Burberry, The North Face, Eddie Bauer, and Canada Goose are among the designers who make these coats for women. They come in all sizes, from short to long, with faux fur trim to a full shearling lining. The outer shell of the jacket is made from a waterproof and windproof material such as nylon, polyester, or gabardine and can be filled with goose or duck down or polyester. A common colour for coats and parkas is black, though they are made in many colours.
- Bomber Jackets: Bomber jackets are lightweight and are useful during early spring and late fall. Michael Kors, Helmut Lang, and Canada Goose are some of the designers who create these coats for women. The outer part of the jacket can be leather, wool, nylon, or even fur. colour choices vary widely from the more subdued colours such as black or navy blue to brighter colours such as red, pink, or lime green.