Women's panties are underwear that provide a layer of protection and support between the body and clothing. Some panties are designed for comfort while others are designed to be sexy, sporty, or simply functional. As these intimates cater to a wide variety of different women with different tastes, they are designed with different functions in mind.What are the styles of women's panties?
- Boyshorts - Boyshorts are panties that sit at the natural waist, cover the hips and buttocks, and extend past the crotch to form shorts.
- Hipsters - A hipster panty sits at the natural waist, fully covers the hips and buttocks, and has a straight cut at the bottom of the hips.
- Briefs - Briefs are underwear that provide full coverage to the waist, tummy, hips, and buttocks.
- Low-rise - A low-rise panty sits below the natural waistline and has a waistband that sits below the hip bones.
- Bikini - A bikini panty has a high-cut leg, a low rise, and low back coverage.
- Thong - A thong covers the crotch and has a strappy waist. The thong back is shaped like a V and does not cover the buttocks. The thong underwear sits between the buttocks.
- G-string - G-strings provide minimal crotch coverage and consist of thin, stretchy, strappy pieces that hug the hip bones, with a third thin strip that fits between the buttocks.
- Crotchless - Crotchless underwear has a variety of fits and features an opening where the genitals are located. Crotchless lace panties can be considered sexy panties.
- Lace - Lace panties are made from knit lace and often have a floral design.
- Microfiber - Microfiber underwear forms a solid fabric that is breathable and stretchy.
- Spandex - Spandex underwear, such as Spanx, are pieces of lingerie that provide a smooth contour.
- Nylon - Nylon is lightweight, stretchy, and soft. Nylon is often part of lace panties, thongs, or other styles such as bikinis and g-strings.
- Cotton - Cotton shorts or underwear are breathable and loose-fitting. Blending cotton with nylon provides a stretchy fit.
How does the sizing of women's panties work? Lingerie and underwear sizes for women are based on several key measurements. To get a good fit for thong underwear and g-string lingerie, use measuring tape. You will need to know the measurements of your waistline, hips, and crotch height in inches or centimeters. Some manufacturers of women's panties base the panty size on shorts or pants size.
How do you pair a panty with an outfit? Many women choose lingerie based on their type of outfit. A bikini, low-rise panty, or thong works with shorts, pants, and skirts. A thong panty or a g-string eliminates panty lines under leggings and tight pants. Sexy lace panties are often worn with other lingerie, skirts, or dresses.