A common piece of clothing that women wear in the summer or in warm climates are shorts. These are as versatile as can be for women who want to dress up in delicate cotton or dress down in denim shorts. The key to choosing the right cotton, nylon, or denim shorts for the occasion is to understand what length, style, and size works well for you.What styles of shorts are available for women?
When it comes to this summer fashion staple, there are many lengths to choose from, including ones that flatter all shapes and sizes. Some of the most common styles for shorts include:
- Bermuda with an 8-10 inch inseam
- Mid-rise with a 5-7 inch inseam
- Mini and micro mini with a 1-4 inch inseam
- Waisted shorts
- Cuffed shorts
- Jean-style shorts
Women who want to have a lot of options in their summer closet know that there are more than just the standard denim shorts for the season. Shorts for women come in a wide variety of materials that cater to different activities, such as exercise, leisure, or special occasions. Some of these materials include:
- A combination of materials to get the proper fit and flexibility
How you care for your shorts will depend on what material the garments are made from. It's always best to consult the tag for detailed care recommendations.
- Denim shorts like any other jean clothing should be washed inside out to prevent fading and aging. Air-drying or using the lowest dryer setting will help prevent denim shorts from shrinking.
- Cotton should be washed with the gentle cycle in cold water, unless you are intending for the material to shrink for a better fit. Cotton works well when it is lined-dried instead of thrown into the dryer.
- Manmade materials such as polyester or nylon can be washed on a normal cycle and dried in a dryer on low heat.
- Anything with embellishments such as studs, rhinestones, or embroidery should be hand washed. Washing these materials in a washing machine may make them come loose from the material.
- No matter what material your garment is made from, it is recommended to only wash with like colours. Whites may be bleached, though it is always best to check the care tag.