What You Need to Know about the Intel Xeon E5-2643 Processor
The Intel Xeon E5-2643 is designed for businesses and organizations that have high-end servers and workstations. This quad-core processor has a clock speed of 3.3 GHz per core. If you need to upgrade the CPU in your server, then eBay can help you find the low-priced Xeon e5 2643 you're looking for.How does this processor connect to the motherboard?
The E5-2643 is compatible with an LGA 2011 socket or Socket R in certain motherboards. You need to make sure that your motherboard contains this particular socket before purchasing a processor. The LGA 2011 socket uses the Intel QuickPath Interconnect technology to connect additional processors to the motherboard. You can have up to two E5-2643 processors operating in your motherboard at the same time.How much memory can the E5-2643 support?
The E5-2643 supports up to 384 GB of DDR3 memory with a maximum bandwidth of 52.1 gigabytes per second. The processor is also compatible with ECC memory, which can identify and correct errors that occur in the data. ECC memory is particularly useful if you are running applications that cannot tolerate many errors. Make sure that you are using the right type of DDR3 memory in your motherboard.What are some features of the E5-2643?
The E5-2643 processor is equipped with the following features:
- Hyper-Threading:In computers with multiple threads per core, this technology can get more work done in parallel by increasing the number of instructions in the pipeline.
- Turbo Boost 2.0:When particularly demanding tasks are running, Turbo Boost technology will increase the processor's clock speed to take advantage of extra thermal headroom.
- Demand-Based Switching:DBS is a technique that allows the software to optimize the processor's resources. This technology is known as "SpeedStep" in the consumer market.
- Idle States:When the processor is idle, this technology will reduce the power consumption and save resources.
- Smart Cache:This technology allows each core in the processor to dynamically access the memory cache in a more efficient order.
- Thermal Monitoring:This technology monitors and controls the thermal temperature output to prevent the processor from overheating.
- Virtualization:This processor has VT-x, VT-d, and VT-c technology to enable virtual platforms.
- Trusted Execution Technology:This technology ensures that applications can run within their own spaces, independent from all other software on the system.
- AES New Instructions:A technique for encrypting and decrypting data.
- Execute Disable Bit:This technology can reduce exposure to buffer overflow attacks.