Adidas Samba Athletic Shoes for Men
The adidas Samba is a mens athletic footwear line featuring a black leather exterior with white stripes and a tan gumsole. Adidas Samba was introduced in 1950 and created to help soccer teams train on icy ground. They have made many appearances in movies, television, and music videos since the 1960s.Did soccer players wear Sambas in the past?
Soccer teams used the Sambas as soccer shoes to train on icy ground. Since soccer season in Europe runs from fall to spring, teams played in many weather conditions. In winter, the outdoor fields become icy and hard. The Samba gumsole features a suction designed to help players keep their footing while they acclimate to the field condition.What media has the adidas Sambas been featured in?
- West Germany wore a restyled version of the Samba when they won the World Cup in 1954.
- Ewan McGregor in the movie "Trainspotting."
- Owen Wilson in the movie "You, Me, and Dupree."
- Shia LaBeouf in the movie "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."
- The movie "Remember the Titans" has each football player wearing Sambas.
- Ashton Kutcher in the movie "Valentine's Day" and the TV sitcom "That '70s Show."
- Adrian Grenier in the TV show "Entourage."
- Steven Yeun in the TV show "The Walking Dead."
Here are some models of the adidas Samba Classic:
- Classic M: The original black, white, and tan design.
- 62: The 62 features a felted toe and an extra toe cap. It comes in many colours and has been reissued several times.
- Super: These sneakers feature similar styling to the 62s but with a larger toe cap and an extra-long tongue. They have been made in suede, corduroy, and leather.
- 85: This sneaker features a striped outsole and large toe cap.
- JP: This style features a pointed toe with horizontal stitching.
- NUA: The NUA has a fatter sole, heel and toe caps, and thicker stripes. These were often issued to commemorate different teams and soccer events.
- MTL: This limited-edition sneaker features gold accents, crackled black leather, and a purple sole, all in the original Samba design.
- 523: This limited-edition sneaker was part of a pack of seven reissued classics. The 523 replicated the original Samba but with leather and a blue outsole.
- OT-Tech: This all-black spin on the original sneaker features a felted toe and dagger-like teeth on the white midsole with a blue heel.