Standard Protection PlansYour item is covered for mechanical and electrical failures from normal use. Accidental damage, intentional damage, loss, and theft are not covered. Common failures include:
- Screen failure
- Won't power on
- Broken buttons
- Speaker & sound failure
- Battery failure
Accident Protection PlansYour item is covered for drops, spills and life's accidents, plus mechanical and electrical failures from normal use. Intentional damage, loss, and theft are not covered. Common failures include:
- Spills & liquid damage
- Drops & cracked screens
- Screen failure
- Speaker & sound failure
- Won’t power on
- Broken buttons
- 100% parts & labour
- Free shipping on repairs
- 24/7 customer support
- 5-day Service Guarantee*
- Easy online claims
*See Terms & Conditions for details.
- File a claim at SquareTrade.com/claim anytime, 24/7.
- Have your receipt and covered item with you.
- Many claims are approved instantly. In other cases, a specialist will guide you through next steps.
- We’ll fix your item. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you a replacement or reimburse you for one.
- Allstate has been protecting people and the things most important to them for more than 85 years.
- SquareTrade award-winning service has earned tens of thousands of 5-star reviews.
- Allstate and SquareTrade have over 80 million active policies.
Why should I get a SquareTrade Protection Plan?
Since electronics may fail, a SquareTrade Protection Plan can provide additional protection for your eBay purchases in eligible Electronics categories. It will make sure your item is repaired or you are reimbursed per SquareTrade policy if the item breaks during the coverage period.
How do I purchase a SquareTrade Protection Plan?
If the item you are purchasing qualifies for a SquareTrade Protection Plan, you will have the option to purchase it directly from the item description page prior to checkout.
After checkout, you can still purchase it from the payment confirmation page or through your post-purchase reminder email.
How long does coverage last?
For new items: Coverage lasts 1-4 years as indicated by your plan type at the time of purchase. Coverage starts on the date of purchase of the covered item.
For refurbished & used items: Coverage lasts 1-2 years as indicated by your plan type at the time of purchase. Coverage starts on the day after the manufacturer warranty expires.
If your item does not have a manufacturer warranty, SquareTrade coverage begins on the 46th day after your item purchase date. Any issue on used or refurbished items in the first 45 days are considered to be a pre-existing condition, which is excluded from standard coverage. (Accidents in the first 45 days are covered, however, if you purchased Accident Protection Plan).
For new items that don't have a manufacturer warranty: If your item is described as "New", your SquareTrade Protection Plan term assumes that your item has a valid manufacturer warranty. If your item does not have a manufacturer warranty, your coverage term will be adjusted to reflect the absence of the manufacturer warranty.
When does coverage start?
For standard protection plans (without accident coverage): Coverage begins on the date you purchased. If the item you received is not as described in the seller's listing and you are an eligible buyer under the eBay Money Back Guarantee, you may be eligible to file a claim for resolution during the first 30 days from payment. (Please note that the eBay Money Back Guarantee applies only to the transaction—it is not a product warranty).
For protection plans with accident protection: Coverage begins on day 1 after your item purchase for accidents. Please note, for pre-existing conditions reported in the first 30 days from payment, you may be eligible to file a claim under the eBay Money Back Guarantee.
How much is covered?
For replacement payments: You are covered up to the maximum value you paid for the item. Once that amount has been paid out, your protection plan is considered fulfilled. If you would like coverage on your new item, you need to purchase a new protection plan for it.
For repairs: You're covered for multiple repairs, up to the maximum value of your item. Once the cost of repairs meets the full purchase price of the item, your protection plan is considered fulfilled.
What do Accident Protection Plans cover?
Only new items in certain categories are eligible for protection plans with Accident Protection. If the item is used or refurbished, they are eligible for the Standard protection plan.
Accident Protection Plans cover: drops, spills and other accidents during use, including liquid damage from submersion. It does not cover loss, willful damage, or gross misuse. If your Accident Protection Plan is bought on the same day as your item, accident coverage starts on day 1 of purchase. If you buy your Accident Protection Plan at a later date, accidents that occur in the first 30 days are not covered.
What is excluded from coverage?
Below are five notable exclusions to your coverage. Please refer to the details of your protection plan contract for the full list.
- Pre-existing conditions: Items sold in non-working or partially working conditions are not covered. Any issue on used or refurbished items in the first 45 days are considered to be a pre-existing condition. (Accidents in the first 45 days are covered if you purchased an Accident Protection Plan).
- Accidental damage: Items that are accidentally damaged are not covered -- such as water damage, dropped iPods, and cracked laptop screens -- unless an Accident Protection Plan was purchased.
- Accessories and consumer replaceable parts: Accessories and parts that are meant to be replaced by the consumer, such as batteries and ink cartridges, are not covered. Internal batteries, such as iPod batteries ARE covered.
- Software: Software issues are not covered.
- Certain types of items: Industrial equipment used commercially such as servers or items fraudulently misrepresented are not covered.
How do I register my plan?
Registration is optional and can only be completed online. Registering your protection plan allows you to login to your online SquareTrade account. From there, you'll be able to upload your item receipt so that it easily accessible if you need to file a claim in the future.
How do I get a copy of my plan?
SquareTrade plan details are delivered electronically and are sent within a couple hours of purchasing.
If you cannot locate the original email or would like another copy, please login to your online SquareTrade account. From the "My Plans" page, select the corresponding warranty and click on the "Resend contract to warranty owner" link located below the warranty details. You will receive an email with your coverage details.
How do I file a claim?
- Visit www.squaretrade.com/claim and click on "File New Claim"
- Log in to your online SquareTrade account using the email address associated with your eBay account
- Follow the instructions to file your claim and select a resolution option that best suits your preferences
How do I cancel my plan?
To cancel your plan, please login to your SquareTrade account and follow the below steps. You will receive a prorated refund.
- From the "My Plans" page, click the protection plan you’d like to cancel
- Click "Cancel Plan" in the Quick Links menu on the right and follow the steps to confirm your cancellation