Enrollment in eBay Bucks program is currently closed, and, after careful consideration, we've decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases.
However we’ll still be running eBay Bucks special offers so you may still receive bonus offers by invite.
Earning eBay Bucks
You can earn eBay Bucks when you’re invited to participate in special offers, which you’ll find in the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
When you participate in a Bucks campaign and buy an eligible item, you’ll receive the percentage of the item’s purchase price, based on the bonus offer you received. The percentage can vary depending on the offer.
eBay Bucks are paid out every 3 months. At the end of each 3-month earning period, we'll send you an eBay Bucks certificate for the amount of Bucks you earned, which can be used to buy more of the things you love on eBay.
You can earn up to:
- USD $100 in eBay Bucks per transaction (regardless of how many items are in the transaction)
- USD $500 in eBay Bucks per 3-month earning period
How to redeem eBay Bucks
Once we've issued your eBay Bucks certificate, you'll have 30 days to spend it for certificates issued prior to July 1, 2021. For certificates issued after July 1, 2021 you’ll have 12 months to spend it.
When you find an item you'd like to buy, here's how to redeem your eBay Bucks certificate:
- Go to checkout.
- Select the checkbox next to your subtotal to apply your eBay Bucks to your purchase.
- Select Confirm and pay.
If your eBay Bucks certificate is not available at checkout, you can still redeem it manually. Here's how:
- Find your certificate code in the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Continue to checkout - opens in new window or tab to make your purchase.
- Enter your code in the Add coupons box at the bottom of the checkout page.
- Select Apply.
You can't transfer your eBay Bucks certificate to someone else, and you can't combine eBay Bucks earned on multiple accounts.
How to leave the eBay Bucks program
To leave the eBay Bucks program, go to the eBay Bucks - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay and select Unenroll from eBay Bucks. You'll lose any rewards you've earned.