How feedback scores and seller ratings work
When you buy an item on eBay, you can rate your experience with the seller. The ratings you give are then added to the seller's overall feedback, and detailed seller rating scores.
You can view a seller's feedback score on their listings beneath their username – it's displayed as a percentage. If a seller has a score of 99.5%, it means that 99.5% of the buyers who left feedback for that seller had a positive experience.
In addition to the percentage feedback score, you'll also see a seller's star rating – the number in brackets next to their username. This shows how many buyers have left feedback for a seller. The more buyers who have rated their experience positively with a seller, the more assured you can be of getting great service.
A silver shooting star in a seller's star rating means they've received positive feedback over 1 million times.
For a more detailed view of a seller's performance, you can also view their detailed seller rating. This is a breakdown of how buyers have rated that seller in the following areas:
- Item description – How accurately it was described
- Communication – Did the seller communicate well with their buyer?
- Shipping time – How quickly the seller shipped the item
- Shipping and handling charges – Were the costs reasonable?
To view a seller's detailed seller ratings, go to their feedback profile by selecting the number in brackets next to their username. You'll find stars next to the four different areas, with 1 star being the lowest rating and 5 stars being the highest.
Leaving detailed seller ratings
You can leave up to 4 detailed seller ratings at the same time you leave an overall feedback rating and comment up to 60 days after the transaction. To leave detailed seller ratings:
- Go to the Feedback Forum.
- Select Leave Feedback on the right side of the page.
- Rate your overall experience as positive, neutral, or negative. After you leave an overall rating, you can add a descriptive comment and leave detailed seller ratings.
- Select the stars to rate each aspect of your transaction.
Types of eBay sellers
Our best sellers earn Top Rated and PowerSeller status, which means they've provided a great experience for their buyers:
- Top Rated Sellers consistently deliver outstanding customer service. Sellers can become Top Rated whether they sell a little or a lot, provided they meet our highest levels of customer service
- PowerSellers are some the most successful sellers on eBay in product sales and customer satisfaction. PowerSeller levels include Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Titanium depending on the number of items they've sold or the dollar amount of their sales