If your item hasn't arrived, you're protected by the eBay Money Back Guarantee and can either ask the seller for a refund, or for them to send you out a replacement item (if they have one).
Check your item's delivery information
If your item hasn't arrived yet, the first thing to do is check the delivery information. You can find your item's delivery information by selecting it from your recent purchases above, or in your purchase history. In the delivery information, you can:
- View the estimated delivery date – Your item's estimated delivery date tells you when you should expect to receive the item. If the date hasn't passed yet, your item is probably still in transit
- Make sure your shipping address is correct – If the shipping address you provided during checkout is incorrect, select Contact the seller on the order's delivery information page and see if they'll cancel the order. They can then relist the item for you to repurchase with the correct address. If the seller has already shipped the item, they won't be able to change the shipping address. If possible, we recommend trying to collect your package from the original address.
Check with a neighbour in case you weren't home when the package arrived and they took delivery of it for you.
Let the seller know your item hasn't arrived
If the estimated delivery date for your item has passed, and you still haven't received your item, let the seller know. To get started, select the item that's not arrived above, or follow these steps:
- Go to Purchase history.
- Select More actions beside your item and then I didn't receive it.
- Tick the box beside I want a refund or I want the item.
- You have the option of adding a message to the seller.
- Select Send request.
You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date to inform the seller that you didn't receive your item. Once you've told them there's a problem, the seller has 3 business days to provide a delivery update, offer a replacement, or give you a refund. Note that not all sellers offer replacements.
Once you've let the seller know, you can check on the status of your request at any time.
Get your refund
If the seller offers to give you your money back, they have 2 business days to issue your refund. When they do, you'll receive an email letting you know.
Your refund will be sent to your original payment method and funds are usually available within 3-5 business days.
It's possible that your item may still arrive after you've been issued a refund. If this happens, you should get in touch with the seller and try to reach an agreement on what to do next. You can choose to either:
- Return the item and keep the refund
- Keep the item and arrange to reimburse the seller
Ask eBay to step in and help
Most of the time, if your item hasn't arrived, the seller will resolve your issue for you. However, if after 3 business days the seller hasn't been able to resolve your problem, you can ask us to step in and help.
Learn more about asking eBay for help.
Cancelling your case
If your item arrives, you can choose to cancel your case. Here's how to cancel a case:
- Go to your Purchase history and find the item.
- Select See request details in the More actions dropdown menu.
- Select Close your request and choose your reason from the dropdown menu.
It's important to make sure you're certain you want to cancel a case, as you won't be able to re-open it once it's been closed.
If your item has arrived, and you want to return it for a refund, you'll need to cancel your item not received case and open a return request.