When you add an item to your watch list, you're under no obligation to buy. You can easily add or remove items you're interested in from your watch list while you make your decision.
The watch list keeps all the items you’re considering buying in one place so, instead of having to search for an item each time you want to look at it, you can find it easily in your watch list.
How to use your watch list
When looking at a listing, select Add to watch list beneath the buying options to save the item for later.
You can view the items you've saved to your watch list by going to My eBay, and then selecting Watch List.
Managing items on your Watch list
- By default, you'll automatically be shown all active and ended listings together but you can filter your results to view active or ended listings separately by selecting the dropdown menu beside Status
- If you want to view more specific results, you can use the Sort dropdown to sort listings by most relevant, time left, price, seller ID or date added
- To remove items from your Watch list, simply tick the box beside each item and select Delete. You can select and delete multiple items at once
By default you’ll receive notifications about items on your watch list. For example, if a listing you're watching is ending soon, you'll receive alerts notifying you about it. You can change how often you receive notifications by following these steps:
- Go to Communications preferences in My eBay.
- Under Buyer, select Show beside Buying Activity.
- Beside Watch alert, you can choose whether you want to get real-time alerts or choose a daily, weekly, or monthly summary.
- Select Save.
You can make the 'Watch this item' link appear beside listings on your search results page by selecting the View dropdown menu, and then Customize. Simply tick the box beside the 'Watch this item' link.