It is possible to have multiple auction-style listings for identical items, but there are restrictions, and only one listing without bids will be visible to buyers at a time. Once the first listing receives a bid or ends, the next listing will appear.
What is the policy?
- We don’t allow more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time from the same seller. This includes:
- Listing an identical item in different categories or listing an identical item using different usernames
- Listings that aren't significantly different, such as adding an inconsequential bonus item with the same identical item in two listings
- Identical auction-style listings are allowed if they:
- Have the same start price
- Have the same reserve price
- Have the same title and description
- Don't use the Buy It Now option
- Multiple fixed price listings for identical generic or universal items, such as AA batteries for example, are not allowed. Separate listings can be created for the same item on different eBay sites, as long as the international shipping options don't result in the listings cluttering the search results of any individual site
- Up to 5 separate fixed price listings for identical items designed to fit multiple devices are allowed, when each listing is differentiated by spelling out the brand or model the item fits
- eBay bulk listing can be used when there is many of the same item for sale
- You can have more than one auction-style listing for identical items if you follow the guidelines above, but only one duplicate auction-style listing without bids will be visible to buyers at a time. Once the first listing receives a bid or ends, the next listing will appear on the site
The following rules help achieve the best possible position in eBay's Best Match sort order
- List identical items in one fixed price listing using eBay bulk listing
- List items with variations such as size and color in one fixed price listing with variations
- List items that fit multiple vehicles using our parts compatibility guide - opens in new window or tab. (Compatible vehicles should not be in the title)
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or cancelling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy ensures buyers see a wide range of options from a greater number of sellers on our site and that no one seller can dominate search results.