While there are some exceptions, listings or item descriptions can’t contain links that direct customers to any other site.
What is the policy?
- We don’t allow store names to be a web address or include (for example) ‘.com’, ‘.net’, ‘.org’ or ‘.edu’
- Videos can’t violate any eBay policy, such as adult content or offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, and must be specific to the listing, such as a product review, demonstration or installation video
- Credits for third-party providers are not allowed to link off-eBay or contain external web addresses or contact information, and must follow these guidelines:
- They may contain up to 10 words of text (HTML font size 3) and a logo no larger than 88 x 33 pixels
- The credit or acknowledgement can't contain promotional material and should only identify the specific service provided for the listing
- They can't flash, move, or be animated
- Links in a description are only allowed for the following:
- Other eBay pages (eBay Messages, other eBay items, Stores pages, Follow Seller or Add to my Favorite Sellers)
- Product videos
- Freight shipping services approved by eBay
- Legally required information
- Credit for third-party providers
Videos must be embedded within item descriptions and are only allowed from sites on this list
Links to freight shipping services are only allowed from companies on this list
- Canada Post
- Canpar Courier
Activity on eBay is required to follow this policy, the eBay User Agreement and all applicable laws, as well as respect the rights of third parties. If it doesn’t, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: Removing the listing or other content, issuing a warning, restricting activity or account suspension.
Why does eBay have this policy?
Limiting the use of links that direct customers away from our site helps protect everyone on eBay from malicious sites and spam. eBay has invested a great amount to attract interested buyers and connect them with great sellers, and this policy also helps buyers transact safely on eBay.