While there are some exceptions, listings or item descriptions can’t contain links that direct customers to any other site.
What is the policy?
- We don’t allow store names to be a web address or include (for example) ‘.com’, ‘.net’, ‘.org’ or ‘.edu’
- Videos can’t violate any eBay policy, such as adult content or offers to buy or sell outside of eBay, and must be specific to the listing, such as a product review, demonstration or installation video
- Credits for third-party providers are not allowed to link off-eBay or contain external web addresses or contact information, and must follow these guidelines:
- They may contain up to 10 words of text (HTML font size 3) and a logo no larger than 88 x 33 pixels
- The credit or acknowledgement can't contain promotional material and should only identify the specific service provided for the listing
- They can't flash, move, or be animated
- Links in a description are only allowed for the following:
- Other eBay pages (eBay Messages, other eBay items, Stores pages, Follow Seller or Add to my Favorite Sellers)
- Product videos
- Freight shipping services approved by eBay
- Legally required information
- Credit for third-party providers
- Canada Post
- Canpar Courier
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
Limiting the use of links that direct customers away from our site helps protect everyone on eBay from malicious sites and spam. eBay has invested a great amount to attract interested buyers and connect them with great sellers, and this policy also helps buyers transact safely on eBay.