We don't allow sellers to use eBay to encourage or enable others to infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties.
What is the policy?
Hardware, software, items, or information that enables or encourages infringement are not allowed. Examples include:
- Software or devices designed to circumvent copyright protections
- Modchips designed to allow video game consoles to play pirated video games
- Listing branded packaging and suggesting it be used to pass off counterfeit products as authentic
- Satellite and TV descramblers, modchips, and other devices and software used to unlock, illegally load, or otherwise give free access to paid content are not allowed
- Services or information about how to gain free access to paid content
Listings that don’t follow these rules may be removed from the site or from search results. Other actions we may take include lowering a seller’s rating, charging additional fees, limiting buying and selling privileges, or suspending an account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps our members to comply with government regulations and various laws that protect intellectual property rights.