Firearms can't be listed on eBay due to strict federal, state, and international laws banning the sale of these items. Listings for some firearm parts and accessories are allowed as long as sellers follow our guidelines.
What is the policy?
The following are not allowed:
- Firearms of any type
- Parts and accessories for assault weapons, including blueprints and instructions
- Any part or accessory in violation of local law
- Firearm receivers, even if incomplete
- Ammunition for firearms, including bullets, cartridges, casings, shells, and hulls
- The following firearm accessories are not allowed:
- Gun parts, including, but not limited to, barrels, firing pins, trigger assemblies, and magazines
Firearm accessories that we allow, such as grips, holsters, and scopes, must follow these guidelines:
- The listing must clearly identify the part or accessory being sold as well as the type of firearm it fits (“type” can mean general use and not necessarily brand or manufacturer). For example, “This part can be used with bolt-action rifles."
- The listing cannot show a picture of an actual firearm
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
We take our role in community safety seriously, and in accordance with government regulations and international laws, we prohibit the sale of certain weapons on eBay.