To ensure the safety and well-being of our members, eBay does not allow items that are banned, recalled, or dangerous to a buyer.
What is the policy?
The following types of items are not allowed:
- Products recalled by a manufacturer or government agency
- Products where the sale of the product is prohibited by law or regulation
- Products that pose a health or safety hazard as specified by any government agency
- Current information can be found on the US Consumer Product Safety Commission website - opens in new window or tab, Safety Gate: Rapid Alert System website - opens in new window or tab and the OECD Global Recalls portal - opens in new window or tab
Sellers can list the following types of items:
- Items subject to a recall but not prohibited by law, as long as the listing includes the recall information
- Items complying with these safety standards:
- Eligible sellers can list cribs meeting federal safety standards issued by the CPSC in 2011. Sellers must state in the listing that the crib meets these standards. Used cribs are not allowed
- Eligible sellers can list child car seats meeting Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) No. 213. Sellers must state in the listing that the car seat meets this standard. Used car seats are not allowed
- Eligible sellers can list new bike helmets. Used bike helmets are not allowed
- Hoverboards, self-balancing scooters, and components or parts such as batteries and chargers if they have been certified to meet the UL 2272 safety standards. Sellers must state in the listing that the item is UL 2272 certified, include a link to the UL Online Certifications Directory showing the certification and offer US, Canada, and Australia shipping only
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps sellers follow important government regulations.