Before you open a Store, you'll need:
- An eBay seller account with a linked chequing account for payouts
- An idea of what Store features you need. Visit the Seller Centre to compare our Store packages
Visit the Seller Centre to learn more about the benefits of setting up an eBay Store.
How to set up your Store
First, decide what subscription level you want – Basic, Premium, or Anchor. When you've chosen your package, here's how to open your Store:
- Go to Account in My eBay.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select Choose a Store.
- Find the Store type you'd like to subscribe to and choose Select and review.
- Select the subscription term (yearly or monthly) and enter a name for your Store.
- Select Submit order to purchase the Store subscription.
Naming Your Store
When you choose a name for your Store, we'll create a website address (URL) for you. We'll remove special characters (such as apostrophes, spaces, &, !, $, etc.), add hyphens between words, and make all letters lowercase.
For example, if you name your Store "Fine Jewellery!", your Store URL will be: https://www.ebay.ca/str/fine-jewellery.
Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding upon your Store name:
- It can be your eBay username as long as it meets the requirements above
- It must start and end with a letter or number
- It can't start with four or more consecutive letter As
- It can't start with an "e" or "E" followed by more than a single number
- It can't contain the following characters: <, >, or @
- It can't be the username of another eBay member
- It can't contain "www" anywhere in the name
- It can't contain two or more consecutive spaces or non-alphanumeric characters
- It can't end with a top-level domain abbreviation used on the Internet such as .com, .ca, .net, etc.
- It can't be a name that is identical or confusingly similar to another company's name which is protected by trademark law. Also, you can't use a name that contains the word 'eBay' or one that is confusingly similar to that name. See our policy Intellectual property and the VeRO program for more information
Choose a name that immediately tells buyers what you sell. For example, a straightforward name such as "Ben's Computers" will be more helpful to buyers than a creative name such as "Zebra Park." This will also help search engines find your Store when buyers are looking for the kinds of products you sell.
Once you've subscribed to your Store, we'll help you get it up and running with instructions showing you how to:
- Personalize the Store – you can choose a design and a name, and add your business logo
- Organize your inventory – you can set up custom categories and promote specific listings
- Preview how it'll look to buyers – you can make sure everything is perfect before your Store goes live