How to end a listing
To end a listing early, select End your listing below.
How to end a listing in Seller Hub
- Go to the Active listings page in Seller Hub.
- Select the checkbox next to the item you want to end.
- From the dropdown menu, select End item.
To end multiple listings at once, select the checkbox next to each item and from Actions, select End.
How to end a listing in My eBay
- Go to Active in the Selling section of My eBay.
- Find the item, and from the dropdown menu, select End listing.
How to end a listing
If you end a listing early, it risks disappointing potential buyers, so we strongly discourage all our sellers from doing so. However, we understand that there are times when it might be necessary to end a listing early. Some valid reasons include:
- The item is lost, broken, or no longer available
- You made a mistake, such as listing the wrong starting price in an auction
Whether you can end your auction listing early depends on if you've received any bids yet, how long is left in the auction, and if you have a reserve price in place.
You can end your auction listing early, if:
- There are no bids yet on your item
- There are bids on your item, and you are willing to sell your item to the current highest bidder
- There are bids on your item and you don't want to sell it to the highest bidder, but there are 12 or more hours left in the listing. In this situation, you'll need to cancel all active bids before you can end your listing. We charge a fee for ending a listing in this way
You can't end your auction listing early, if:
- There are fewer than 12 hours left in the listing, you've received bids, and you don't want to sell it to the highest bidder
- There are fewer than 12 hours left in the listing, you've received bids, but the item's reserve price hasn't been met yet
If your listing isn't eligible to be ended early, you can contact any bidders to explain the situation and ask them to retract their bids. If the auction has finished, you can contact the winner and, if they agree, you can cancel the transaction.
Ending listings early disappoints bidders, so we may place limits and restrictions on your account if you are doing so regularly.
If possible, consider revising your listing by adding information to the description instead of ending it.