You can also relist your item if the buyer didn't pay, you had to cancel the order, or you had to end the listing early, but in these situations you have to do so manually.
When an item is relisted, either automatically or manually, it can take a few hours before it appears on the site.
Auction style listings:
- If you're using the quick listing tool:
- Automatic relisting is selected by default
- Auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times
- Auctions with a duration of 1 or 3 days may be relisted up to 8 times as a 7-day listing
- When you refund a buyer after accepting their request to cancel a transaction, or return an item as they changed their mind, we'll automatically relist your item for you
- If you don’t want your item to be relisted, simply uncheck the Relist item or Relist item after cancellation box when issuing the refund
- If you're using the advanced listing form to create an auction with a duration of 5 days or more:
- You can choose to automatically relist the item by checking the Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell box. When you use the advanced listing form
Automatic relisting is available in most categories, but there are some exclusions (see below). If your item doesn't sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items - opens in new window or tab.
We charge an insertion fee (or count it as a free listing) for the original auction-style listing. An insertion fee may apply each time the item is relisted.Categories excluded from automatic relisting
Items in some categories can't be relisted automatically, including:
- Business > Businesses for Sale
- Home & Garden > Real Estate
- Tickets, Travel > Flights
- Tickets, Travel > Tickets
- Tickets, Travel > Travel
- Tickets, Travel > Vouchers, Gift Certificates
Fixed price listings:
Fixed price listings are set to Good 'Til Cancelled duration by default. This means your item will be relisted on eBay every month until it sells or you end it.
Auction style listings with a 1- to 3-day duration may have to be relisted manually. If you need to relist an auction or fixed price listing because you ended it early, cancelled an order, or the buyer didn't pay, you'll also have to do this manually.
Here's how to manually relist an item:
- In My eBay, find your item in the Unsold - opens in new window or tab section. Under actions, select Relist
- On Seller Hub, find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing. From the Actions dropdown, select Relist
Keep in mind that fees for any listing upgrades you've chosen will apply when an item is relisted manually.
How to remove automatic relisting from auction style listings
You can remove automatic relisting from auction style listings in Seller Hub. Here's how:
- Find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing.
- Check the box beside the listing.
- From Actions, select Remove Automation rules
- Select Remove rule.
If you're using the advanced listing form you can also deselect Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell in the listing form.