Setting up your auction-style listing
You can choose whether your auction should run for 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 days. A 1-day auction is designed for items that need to be sold quickly because they're time–sensitive, such as event tickets. Unsold auctions may be automatically relisted.
Set a starting price in the Choose a format and price section of the quick listing form. If you use the business tool, you'll enter the starting price in the Selling details section.
- A low starting price can help attract bidders
- You can add a Buy It Now price to an auction listing, and it will be shown until the first bid is placed. The Buy It Now price has to be at least 30% higher than the auction starting price
- If you're selling a vehicle, you can add a reserve price to make sure you get the price you want for your item
Fees for auction-style listings
- You may be charged an insertion fee to list your item. You will receive one insertion fee credit for each auction-style listing if that listed item sells. (Exclusions apply.)
- If you're a non-business seller, automatic relists are free
- You'll be charged a final value fee after the sale
- There are also fees for optional advanced listing upgrades and services.