The new listing tool is being introduced in a number of stages:
- Business sellers are being opted in to the new listing tool first, but eventually all eBay sellers will have access
- Initially, sellers will be opted into the new listing tool with an option to revert back.
- Shortly after, the option to revert back will be removed and the new listing tool will become the default listing tool for all sellers on eBay
We encourage sellers to get used to the new listing tool and avail of its streamlined features.
The new listing tool is not currently available in the app.
Using the new tool is easy. From the listing summary page you'll see listing options such as condition, photos, and delivery. To edit any of them, simply select Edit all options on the right-hand side and make your changes. You can also select the option directly to edit it.
New and enhanced features
The new listing tool combines the advanced features of the business tool with the streamlined interface of the quick listing tool. Here are some of its new and enhanced features:
- Photos: You can now Drag and drop to add photos from your device and use all photo formats from Apple devices. Then Edit them with our new photo editor and use our new background removal tool to get cleaner images
- Delivery: We've simplified the shipping workflow so you can easily set your shipping options
Using the new listing tool
The new listing tool is divided into a number of enhanced listing sections, most of which you'll be familiar with from previous listing tools. Here's a selection of your listing options:
- Item specifics: Add the required item specifics like brand. You'll also see a list of item specifics we recommend you add, as buyers frequently search for these details
- Title: As well as your main title, you can choose to add a subtitle for a fee. Subtitles appear in eBay search results in list view, and can increase buyer interest by providing more descriptive info. You can also create a custom label to enter information you want to track, such as your own SKU number
- Variations: Save time and money by listing multiple variations of your item in one multi-quantity, fixed price listing. You will only see this option of your listing is set to fixed price format
- Condition: Provide a condition for your item such as New, Used, or Refurbished
- Photos: Select the + icon, Import from mobile, or Import from web to add photos to your listing. Photos should be .jpeg, .png, gif, .tiff, .heic or .bmp., and at least 500px on the longest side
- Categories: Pick the category that’s most relevant for your item. You can also choose to list in a second category
- Description: We've streamlined the formatting options for product descriptions, as listings with simple, consistent formatting are more readable for buyers. We recommend you stick to one typeface with a black, 14pt font
- Pricing: For fixed price listings, set your Price, whether you want to allow Offers, set your Quantity, and a Scheduled start time. For auction listings set your Price, an Auction duration, whether you want to allow Offers, or add a Reserve price, a Scheduled start time or a Buy It Now option
- Delivery: You can set your Shipping policy and add any Excluded locations you don't want to ship to. Learn more about setting up your shipping options
- Preferences: Choose a payment method, item location and a returns policy
- Sell it faster: Improve your chances of selling with Promoted Listings and volume pricing. Listing must be set to fixed price to see this option
- Preview: Select Preview at the bottom of the page to see what your listing will look like to buyers. Once you have some listings up and running, go to Seller Hub or My eBay for all the tools you need to manage your eBay listings
If you've provided sufficient information in a listing section, you'll see a green check mark above it. If you see a blue "i" symbol above a section, it means that section requires more information before you can list.
Eventually the business and quick listing tools will be completely replaced by the new listing tool. In the meantime, if you would prefer to switch back to the tool you were using previously, you can select Switch to classic view from the top of the page.