When you print a shipping label on eBay, our negotiated rates let you save money relative to what you would pay at the post office or to a carrier for most services, and you could save time by not having to stand in line. The cost of the label is then charged to your invoice, PayPal account, or pending funds if you're a managed payments seller.
Here are a few more benefits of using our labels:
- You don't need a special printer or adhesive labels—just print your label on normal printer paper and tape it to the package.
- It's easy to add services such as Signature on Delivery.
- Your parcel's tracking information is uploaded automatically.
- You can add the order number or other custom text to your label.
- FedEx and UPS shipping label charges will be invoiced on your monthly eBay invoice.
- USPS shipping label charges will be pulled from your PayPal account. You must have a PayPal account to choose this option. To fund your USPS label, you can either link a bank account or credit card to the PayPal account or use your PayPal balance.
If you're a managed payments seller, you can use your pending funds to pay for USPS shipping labels, as long as you have enough funds to cover the cost. When you print a shipping label, you have the option to select your payment method. Once you select Pending funds, it will stay that way until you decide to change it.
To protect yourself against claims, ship your item with a tracked service. If you use an untracked service, and your buyer files a claim that they have not received the item, you’d be responsible to refund the buyer.
How to create and print a shipping label
It's quick and easy to create and print shipping labels.
How to print a shipping label through My eBay
- Go to My eBay and then Sold.
- Beside the item you want to ship, select Print shipping label. You will see the eBay Labels page.
- Double check that both your address and the buyer's are correct. To edit the Ship to or Ship from address, select Edit underneath the address.
- Enter the package details, such as type, weight, and dimensions.
- Choose your mailing date from the Ship on dropdown menu.
- Select your preferred shipping service, and choose any additional services you want to add such as insurance (fees may apply for these).
- Review your shipping costs, then select Purchase and print label and follow the steps shown to print your label.
- After printing your label, if you want to create and print a packing slip, select Open package slip.
How to print a shipping label through Seller Hub
- Go to the Orders tab in Seller Hub.
- Beside the item you want to ship, select Print shipping label.
- Choose Print Shipping Label.
- Fill out the shipping label information, ensuring all addresses are correct.
- Select Purchase and print label.
How to print labels for multiple orders at once:
- From the Seller Hub Orders tab, check the boxes beside the orders you want to ship (two or more).
- Then, from the Shipping dropdown, select Print Shipping Labels or invoices.
- This will take you to the bulk shipping tool - opens in new window or tab where you can edit details of individual orders. For example, dispatch options, delivery addresses, shipping providers, and whether you want signature confirmation or ShipCover insurance.
- Select Review Purchase to see the total cost of the labels.
- Select Confirm and pay.
- Select Print Labels.
Shipping an order in multiple packages
When shipping an order in multiple packages, you can print a different label for each package.
Once you've printed the label for your first package, simply select Print another label for this order from the label confirmation page. You can then enter the weight and dimensions for the next package.
Each additional label you print will have its own tracking number and will be charged separately, based on the package weight and dimensions you entered.
How to reprint a shipping label
You can reprint your shipping label at no extra cost within 24 hours of purchasing it. Simply go to Manage shipping labels - opens in new window or tab and select Reprint.
How to void a shipping label
How long you have to void a shipping label depends on the shipping service you used.
- Canada Post: You have 14 days to void a Canada Post shipping label that you printed on eBay. It can take up to 21 days for Canada Post to approve or reject the refund. If it's approved, you'll receive an email that you have been refunded.
Here's how to void a shipping label you printed on eBay:
- Go to Manage shipping labels - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the item you'd like to void the shipping label for, then from the Actions column, select More Actions, and then select Void.
- Choose your reason for voiding the label. If you want to, you can add a message for the buyer.
- Select Void shipping label.
How to print a packing slip and order details
A packing slip is a receipt summarizing the details of the sale. You can print one by choosing Print packing slip on the Manage shipping labels - opens in new window or tab page.
You can also print out the full order details for the item. Here's how:
- Go to My eBay and then Sold - opens in new window or tab.
- Select More Actions and then View order details.
- On the Order details page, select the printer version option, and print the page.