Automatic defect removal
You can find the full list of circumstances that result in automatic removal of a defect in our Seller performance and feedback policy.
In these circumstances, the defect will be removed from your account within 72 hours, so you won't need to contact us.
To learn how sellers are protected on eBay, read our Seller protection policy.
The transaction defect report - opens in new window or tab provides details on any defects you may have.
Appeal a defect
If the defect you received can’t be removed automatically, you can appeal it if any of the following circumstances apply:
- The buyer opened the request by mistake
- Tracking was uploaded and shows that the acceptance scan is within your handling time
- Tracking was uploaded and shows that the item was delivered to the buyer’s address within the stated estimated delivery date. If the order's total cost (total of item(s), shipping and tax) is $750 or more, signature confirmation is required
- The transaction was cancelled by eBay
- You have proof that a returned item was delivered to the wrong address
If you want to appeal a defect, contact us within 90 days of the transaction.