Receiving insertion fee credits
About the insertion fee credit
In some situations, you may qualify for an insertion fee credit when certain conditions apply:
Your auction-style listing sells (if you have a Store subscription)
The buyer doesn't pay (unpaid item cases)
You cancel the transaction
You end your listing early
In the case of some duplicate auction-style listings, as described on this page.
Auction-style listings that end in a sale
If you have an eBay Store subscription, you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit when your auction-style listing sells. You will receive one insertion fee credit for each auction-style listing if that listed item sells. (Exclusions apply.)
Read through the insertion fee credit requirements to be sure your item is eligible.
Unpaid item cases
If a buyer doesn't pay, you can open an unpaid item case in our Resolution Center. The Resolution Center can help you resolve the problem with the buyer or get credited for the final value fee.
The final value fee credit must post to your eBay account before you can receive the insertion fee credit when you manually relist the item.
Duplicate auction-style listings
You may be eligible for an insertion fee credit if you list duplicate, identical auction-style listings and one or more of those listings doesn't appear on eBay.
If the duplicate auction-style listing appears on eBay but doesn't appear for the full listing duration, the listing isn't eligible for a full or partial insertion fee credit.
Learn more about listing duplicate auction-style listings.
Requirements for insertion fee credits
If your item qualifies for an insertion fee credit, we automatically apply the credit to your account in some cases when your listing meets these requirements:
Your listed item must be in auction-style format. Fixed price listings, Classified Ads, select Business and Industrial categories, Motors vehicles, and Real Estate listings aren't eligible for insertion fee credits.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Only insertion fees are credited. Listing upgrade fees aren't credited.
- If your item sells, you're charged a final value fee.
- Your Store subscription must be active at the time the listing is created in order to receive an insertion fee credit when the item sells.
- If you relist an item and it sells, you are credited the insertion fee that was charged for the relisted item.
- If you originally listed the item as a $0.00 insertion fee auction-style listing, there won't be a credit or refund for an insertion fee.
- If your duplicate auction-style listing doesn't appear on eBay, you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit.