Items sold using a brand name or a brand logo must be original and made by the brand or manufactured on their behalf.
Software, music, movies and other media must be original and not unauthorized copies.
What is the policy?Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. These items may infringe on someone’s copyright or trademark.
- Examples of counterfeit products include:
- A replica handbag, watch or pair of sneakers
- Knockoff electronics, such as headphones or accessories like a charging cable
- An unauthorized reprint of a trading card
- A T-shirt or mug printed with copyrighted images
- Bootleg recordings of a concert or other live shows
- Unauthorized copies of movies, music or software
- Pirated recordings of television shows
- Listings need to follow these guidelines:
- Take original photos that are large and clear, showing multiple angles and all details
- Do not hide or blur logos or any parts of the item
- Do not list an item if you are not certain it is authentic or if an authenticator has been unable to confirm its authenticity
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, loss of buyer or seller protections, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy prevents the sale of counterfeit items, which are illegal, and could expose sellers to legal risk. Removing them protects sellers and their buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss.