Credits for refunds and canceled orders
You may be eligible for fee credits in the following circumstances:
In these situations:
Note: For transactions where eBay performed currency conversion and a refund is issued within 120 days of the original transaction, the exchange rate used at the time of the original transaction will apply.
You are not eligible for fee credits in any of the following situations:
- You refund the buyer outside of eBay (using PayPal to send money, for instance)
- You issued a partial refund to the buyer
- You or the buyer asked us to step in, and the case was closed with a refund to the buyer
If you qualify for a fee credit, the credit will be added to your Available funds and may be used to pay for any selling costs that are normally funded from your funds awaiting payout. You can see fee credit details on your financial statement.
Insertion fee credits
In some circumstances you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit for your relisted items and for auction-style items that sell.
Insertion fee credits for relisted items
If you relist your item because it didn't sell the first time around or a transaction has fallen through, you may qualify for an insertion fee credit. We'll automatically credit your account for the insertion fee associated with the relisting if your listing meets all of the following conditions:
- Your item sells after you've relisted it
- Both your original listing and relisting are in the same format (auction-style or fixed price). Listings using the classified ads format don't qualify for insertion fee credits
- You relist your item using our tool instead of copying and pasting your original listing into a new listing
- You relist within 90 days of the original listing ending
- It's the first manual relisting of your item
- Your starting price isn't higher than the price in the original listing
- You haven't added a reserve price to the relisting
Insertion fee credits for auction-style items that sell
If you have a Basic, Premium, or Anchor eBay Store subscription, you'll receive an insertion fee credit if your auction-style listing sells. It's important to keep the following things in mind:
- Your listed item must be in the auction-style format. Fixed price listings, Classified Ads, Motors vehicles, Real Estate, and select Business & Industrial categories are not eligible for insertion fee credits
- Only insertion fees are credited. Listing upgrade fees aren't credited
- If your item sells, you're charged a final value fee
- Your Basic, Premium or Anchor eBay Store subscription must be active at the time the listing is created to receive an insertion fee credit when the item sells
- If you relist an item and it sells, you're credited the insertion fee that was charged for the relisted item
- If you originally listed the item as a zero insertion fee auction-style listing, there won't be a credit or refund for an insertion fee
If your duplicate auction-style listing doesn't appear on eBay, you may be eligible for an insertion fee credit.
Credits for removed listings
If we have to remove one of your listings, you may receive fee credits depending on the reason for the listing removal.
If the listing was removed because an unauthorized person used your account, we'll automatically credit any listing fees and final value fees that you paid.
If we removed your listing because it violated one of our policies, we'll credit fees on a case-by-case basis, based on the circumstances. We will take any previous policy violations into account.