You can pick which shipping methods you want to offer your buyers when creating your listing. Depending on whether you're using our quick listing tool, or our advanced listing form, you'll do this in slightly different ways:
On the listing page, scroll down to the Shipping section. You can choose to ship your item, offer local pickup, or offer both options.
- Ship your item – You select a fixed cost or we calculate cost for you based on package weight and dimensions. You can pay the shipping yourself
- Local pickup – Nearby buyers pick up the item from your home or someplace else you choose
If you choose to ship your item:
- In Ship your item, enter a fixed cost or the package weight and dimensions so we can calculate the cost.
- If you're not happy with the recommended shipping service, select Change shipping service to choose another option.
- Select the calculated rate, or if you'd like, choose the option to charge a fixed amount and enter the amount. You can also choose to offer free shipping and pay it yourself.
If you offer local pickup, enter the postal code for your item location.
- On the listing page, scroll down to the Shipping details section.
- Under Domestic shipping, you can select:
- Calculated: Cost varies by location – you can use the shipping calculator to get an estimate for each postal service's charge
- Flat: Same cost to all buyers – you can also create your own rate tables detailing your shipping charges for each area
- Freight: Large and bulky items
- No shipping: Local pickup only
- From the dropdown menu under Services choose your preferred service(s).
- If you're offering a flat rate, enter the shipping cost or select local pickup.
- You can also apply any combined shipping rules or promotional shipping rules by selecting the boxes next to these options.
- Set your handling cost (calculated shipping only) and handling time.
- Add your package type, weight, and dimensions.
If business policy management is available to you, you can opt in to set up business policies on payment, shipping, and returns to apply to all your listings. If you're eligible, you'll see the opt-in tool in Selling in My eBay.
Before setting your shipping options for an item, have a look to see what options other sellers are offering so your rates are competitive.
Read our guides below for more information on making your item available internationally, having your buyers collect their items in person, estimating shipping costs and more.
Find out more about letting buyers collect their item in person.
Learn how to use our shipping calculator to work out the shipping costs based on the buyer's location.
Find out how to add international shipping options to your listings, and understand what you need to do for customs.