With Terapeak Research, you can see how products and categories are performing across all of eBay's marketplaces. Easy-to-understand reports provide an overview of which products and categories are popular, and which strategies are successful in attracting buyers.
For customized and targeted insights about markets you're interested in, simply search by keyword or product, and apply filters such as Listing type, Start price, Buyer country, and Time of day.
Sellers without a Store subscription don't currently have access to Terapeak Research. However, there a number of other eBay selling tools available.
What data does Terapeak give me access to?
Terapeak gives you access to years of real-world sales data for millions of items, including:
- The number of listings and items sold for particular items
- Average sales prices
- The conditions of items sold
- Sell-through rates
- Average shipping costs and the number of listings offering free shipping
- Seller and buyer locations
- Sales trends over time
- Unsold inventory
- Which listing formats sellers are using
How do Tereapeak results differ from eBay completed listings search results?
Terapeak results differ from eBay completed listings search results in several important ways.
- More complete data: Terapeak search results include listings with sales, listings without sales, and active listings. eBay completed listings results include only listings whose outcomes are already known.
- Calculated metrics: Terapeak calculates a broad range of metrics for the results of any search, including average prices, shipping costs and terms, competition levels, sell-through rates, upward or downward trends, and more. eBay completed listings results include only listing-by-listing figures.
- Longer time periods: Terapeak enables users to search time periods of any length, across the last 365 days. eBay completed listings results include only listings that have recently ended.
- Search specificity: Terapeak search results are intended to be highly specific to the searches that you construct; in general, a listing or sale must exactly match your search keywords and parameters to be included in results. eBay search results often include other "related" results, particularly if the search that you enter matches few or zero listings or sales.
How do I refine Terapeak Research results?
There are several ways to refine your search results:
- Select a date range: Filter your results by specific date ranges - anywhere from one day to one year in duration
- Apply search filters: Filter results by certain MPN, UPC, EPID, EAN or ISBN codes, sale price ranges, listing formats, item conditions, buyer locations, seller locations or eBay marketplaces
- Search by category: Filter results by transactions that occurred in a particular eBay category.
- Use advanced search logic or exclusions:
- If you search for multiple words, for example "iPhone XS Max 64GB", you'll see listings with all of these keywords (iPhone + XS + Max + 64GB) in the title.
- You can exclude results by adding "AND NOT" or "-" in front of a keyword. For example: "iPhone XS Max 64GB -cover" will exclude listings that have "cover" in the title.
- If you add "OR" between keywords, for example: iPhone XS MAX AND (64GB OR 256GB), this will show iPhone XS MAX listings with either 64GB OR 256GB in the title.
Why am I unable to view some listings when I select them?
This means the actual listing was removed or made unavailable, either by eBay or the seller.
To give us feedback on Terapeak, select Comments? from the right hand corner of your Research dashboard - opens in new window or tab .