How to set competitive shipping costs
Here are some tips for when you're setting up your shipping charges:
- Have a look to see what other sellers are charging to ship similar items
- To attract more buyers, consider offering free shipping on your items
- Use our shipping calculator to estimate how much it costs to send your item through various carriers
- Make sure you're allowing for packaging when checking the item's size and weight
- Consider adding international shipping services to the United States and Worldwide to reach more buyers and increase your chance of selling
- Think about whether you want to set a fixed shipping charge for all buyers, or use calculated shipping and charge buyers a cost that will vary based on their location
Our guides below have more information on how you can make your listings more attractive to buyers by offering discounted or combined shipping, as well as details on maximum shipping costs and more.
Learn how to offer shipping discounts and create promotional shipping rules.
Find out how to combine shipping for customers who buy several of your items.
Learn when and how you can change shipping costs on an item you've already sold.
Find out how much you can charge for shipping in each of our selling categories.