Contacting a seller before you buy an item
Not all sellers accept questions before you buy an item. For those that do, here's how to get in touch:
- Select Contact Seller from the Seller Information section at the top of the listing.
- On the Find answers page, choose the topic that best matches your question.
- If you can't find a solution to your question, select Contact the seller.
- Enter the topic and your question for the seller.
- Select Send a copy to my email address if you'd like to keep a copy of the message.
- Enter the verification code shown and select Send.
Make sure your contact information is up to date so sellers are able to get in touch after a purchase.
Contacting a seller after you buy an item
To contact a seller after you've bought from them:
- Go to Purchase history and select the item.
- Select Contact seller.
Find your seller’s phone number
Sellers can choose to share their phone number before and/or after a sale. If your seller has opted to share their number, you’ll find it in one of these places should you need to contact them:
- On the Find answers page by selecting Other once you’ve chosen Contact seller from a listing. You’ll see an option to view the seller’s phone number if they’ve opted to share it.
- On the contact form on the Find answers page once you’ve selected Contact seller.
- If you respond to an email sent by your seller, you’ll see an option to view their phone number if they’ve opted to share it.
One of our top priorities is protecting our members, so we don’t allow contact information to be used to complete sales off our site. When this happens, it poses a risk of fraud and buyers and sellers aren’t covered by our protection programs if something goes wrong. If a seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, please let us know.